Sunday, December 16, 2007

Our First Blogg Ever


Well, I only learned how to use e-mail a year or so ago, but the wife keeps telling me I need to participate in this blogg... I have a bone to pick with the world traveler Katy. She was in Vegas a few weeks back and was supposed to come over on Sunday night to say howdy, but stood us up. Oh, well, We'll forgive ya.
Costa Rica sounds fun, maybe one day Stephanie will get me out of the house on a cool vacation again. I have been so busy with work, but now that I have made detective I think I will start using up some of my vacation. Maybe I'll go down to Arizona and visit Katy. This picture is us at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon back in September. We went to Kanab Utah on a weekend to visit Steph's best bud Starla and while we were there took a drive up to the Grand Canyon.
So by the time this posts Kim will be having her own little girl. I swear it was only yesterday we were all piling into the back of my parents old beat up green truck so they could drive us to the dollar theater to see a movie. I turn 30 in March!!! We all grew up, what the crap! All of us except Katy, but I hear she has a man so maybe soon she'll be "blogging" about having a baby soon.
Our Shelby turned two in August and is a handful like all two year olds. She is a tuff little cookie. The nursery leaders keep telling me that she is a bully and beats up the biggest of the three year olds every Sunday when they won't give her the toys they are playing with. She doesn't believe in sharing. She needs a sibling, but we have issues in that department so we have started thinking seriously about adopting or invitro or maybe both. Time will tell. It took four years of trying to get Shelby so maybe well just wait. Who knows, but we are grateful just to have Shelby. She is the sweetest prettiest greatest little miracle ever.
Steph is enjoying being a stay at home mommy. She gets to go to the gym and play volleyball just about every day. She stays so busy she is home less then when she worked full time. As for me I'm always busy with work. I went up to narcotics as a Detective in October then in November they sent me to Robbery for 90 days for a holiday enforcement thing. Every night I dress up in my old Big O Tires clothes, put $20.00 in my shirt pocket, carry around a beer and some cigarettes and wait for some idiot to rob me. It's pretty funny. I think we are going to film a few of the operations so next time yall are around I'll show you what I do. In February I'll go back to narcotics and chase drug dealers again. I enjoy that much more then this robbery gig. Who would of thought that when I grew up I would be going around Vegas buying dope, picking up hookers, and trying to get robbed. All while having a small arsenal of guns at my disposal. Sometimes it is a little surreal. It's a fun job and pays the bills.
Anyways, life is good at the Melvin's. Around March 7th (my b-day) we will be throwing a big bash for the big 30. So those of you that are elsewhere if you could make it that would be sweet. Also, my in laws have a giant cabin up in Brian Head. We should all plan a weekend to have a little get together up there. So now I've joined the Vegas Times Bloggers. We'll try to put new ones up a bit more regular.

5 comments:

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Jeremy....I am so proud of you for blogging. You are way better than me. Just a side note, Katy is in a relationship apparently that does not mean she has a boyfriend so you might hold off on the kid idea. She says she is to young to be tide down.Maybe you can talk some sense into her. LOL. We really do need to get together more often. We used to hang out every Saturday. Those were the days! I miss them! See ya soon

Kierra said...

YEA! You finally did it! It's really not so hard, right? So, question about the robbery situation, you actually wait for someone to just try and rob you? or do you go to an area where you are trying to catch certain suspects? Has anyone ever tried to rob you since you started? CRAZY!

Unknown said...

We go to high robbery areas where strong arm (no weapon) robberies happen frequently. I walk around with $20.00 showing in my pocket and wait for some idiot to snatch the money and run. I get robbed just about every night. Tell Andy and the Kids merry Christmas.

Kendal and her 3 boys said...

Jeremy & Stephanie- I Loved the picture and to see your cute family! Sorry I missed the friend party at Melissa's this year. I hope to be there next year!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Hey Stephanie, I'm glad to hear you witnessed my claim to fame on the Ellen show! It was quite exciting to go, be on t.v., and get all her cool give aways. I was dissapointed to miss you at the cabin, and maybe next time I'll get to say hi & meet your cute little girl. P.s. do you still have it recorded Jaren accidentally deleted it.