Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Costa RIca trip


VIVA COSTA RICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO pretty much, I want to move to Costa Rica. I have been there a couple times, and I really think that I could live my life happily in Central America. The lifestyle is so chill and relaxed, I would fit right in.

I spent my Thanksgiving vacation in Costa Rica and had a blast. We went hiking, cliff jumping, surfing (lets be honest, I laid out during this activity), and zip lining through the rain forest. I could not have asked for a better vacation. We even rolled our car down the side of a mountain, walked out okay from it, and ran into Melinda Edwards from the Alta ward, and her husband Heath Bailey, some of you might remember the Baileys from the Harmony ward, you know the ones with all the HOT boys in the family. Anyway, they picked us up off the side of the road in Costa Rica after our car was rolled. It was such a blessing and a wonderful vacation. In fact, I have decided to put together a trip for my students to Costa Rica at the end of May. I have already gotten several studdents to sign up. I met a man out there who leads trips, so I am using his company. We will river raft, rock climb, hike, kayak, and do some splunking. It is going to be so AWESOME!!!!!! I cannot wait.


This is my buds and I at a Thanksgiving dinner. It was a beautiful restaurant right on the beach.

Here is the rolled car at the bottom of the slight hill we rolled down. HAHA. It really makes for a good story. Especially since, I could not stop laughing and giggling, while my roommies were weeping. You know me, laughing is my defense mechanism. Alas, my roommies started to get really mad at me, but I could not control it, so I had to walk away. It was just soooo funny.


Anyway, that is my update. I am pretty busy with end of the year grading and finals for grad. school. I cannot wait till this semester is over with.

Happy Holidays everyone, and I will see you in a week...hopefully.

Katy.

5 comments:

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Katy, I could totally see you laughing like the time Geoff, Rocky, and Jim Pitt were trying to tow your brown poopy car and the strap broke. I am laughing so hard right now. I am glad you are ok.

Jer and Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jer and Steph said...

I wish I had a husband who would work less and vacation more! I am jealous of all the traveling you do!

Kierra said...

Oh my gosh girl, remember when we were in my suburban with my family driving straight up the mountain? I was sooo freaked out and you WOULD NOT stop laughing! How crazy is that to run into someone you know like that?

Kendal and her 3 boys said...

Katy- I have never been in a room with you where it was not filled with laughter. I had to run to the bathroom because I was laughing so hard. I love how full of lifeyou still are! Man! Did you say man you met down there or did I read into that too much?