Saturday, June 30, 2007

Kierra's Happenings

Wow. Ten years from graduation has gone by in a snap for me! I used to be cute! I loved looking through my old photos and remembering all the great times we had together as friends...I know I am being totally sappy, but its true! It doesn't help that I have zero friends here, so reminiscing is something I do quite often lately. My heart aches for you guys!


Andy has two more years-oh excuse me, 1 year 11 months and 1 day-until we say goodbye to South Carolina and military life as we know it. We like it here so far, but like I said I have no friends with the exception of a very pregnant girl in my ward who is moving in 2 months. She is totally limited, mentally and physically, on what she can do, so I am limited to playdates once a week at the park in the very hot and humid weather that I am supposedly going to learn to appreciate someday. (What the crap are they talking about? Give me Vegas ANY day!) It is miserable in the summer. And they say the worst is yet to come. YIKES! Since it is so miserable to be outside, me and my sweet little lovely, darling, and never rascally or crazy children, stay inside the house. All day. ALL DANG day. Sigh...I can't wait for school to start.


Here is a recent pic of my kids at the park (of course at the park, where else is there to go in a town where the biggest store is the local Wal-Mart?) and this is how they all look, with the exception of Sara who now has a gash in the middle of her forehead from running into the corner of a wall and getting three stitches. They have all had stitches except for Drew, and with him it is completely inevitable because he is the wildest of the bunch. That being said, they are all really cute, aren't they?


Drew (3), Nate (6), Jace (4), and Pretty Princess Sara Katy (1)




Here's to old times...when there was always something fun to do (and if there wasn't we made our own fun)...like when Winston tried on a dress in the mall for the first time (was there other times aside from the first time?)...or when we would go to a school yard and and play truth or dare (which always meant dare, and if we didn't do it we would make up stupid punishments like getting kicked hard in the rear. I still have a dent in my butt from JEREMY!)...or when we always played that singing board game whatsitcalled and the boys got sooo mad when the girls won they couldn't even think of anything else but having a go at the next game? Oooooh, I love you guys! If for nothing else, the memories!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Your kids are sooo cute! I am excited to see you! I am also excited we decided to do this. I think it will be fun. We just have to get everyone else on board.

alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.